1 YEAR OLD!!! Everyone tells you that they grow up quick but, we never expected it to fly by like this! This year has been the best and most challenging year ever. Between the birth, sleepless nights, spit up, chasing her around, poop, crying, breastfeeding, tons of laundry, and the joy when she kisses you, smiles at you, laughs at you, reaches up for you, cuddles you and plays with you…then watching her grow and learn new things. WOW. Being a parent is the hardest thing I have ever done and I know Josh would agree. Sacrifice is the word of the day (Sesame Street pun intended)! When I look into her eyes, enjoy that smile, or comfort her when she cries…the world settles and all the craziness fades and IT IS ALL WORTH IT. Beyond measure, parenting is the most rewarding thing we have ever done.
Selah has stolen our hearts forever. There is nothing better in this world than this little family of ours.
Selah Ann Chandler,
Mommy and Daddy love you so much. We strive everyday to show you that love and we know you feel it. Your first year came with a million kisses everyday, us constantly telling you how pretty you are, and us telling you that we love you a gazillion times. We loved every lightening speed minute that flew by this year and are so excited for more. If only, we could slow down time! You are a toddler now! With 4 teeth and walking all around! It’s hard to stop you! After 1 year of getting to know you we have learned that you are determined, a fast learner, an explorer, always on the go, and you have a spunky/witty personality. We think you will like making people laugh!
Kisses and lots of love, Mommy and Daddy
Now for our normal monthly post of what this little girl can do now!
- Walking, practically running all over!
- Loves to be chased!
- Has special funny faces and sounds as a fun routine with daddy
- Can hit very high frequency screams/squeals
- Learning how to use her shape sorter
- Learning how to stack things
- LOVES bath time
- She knows what “do you want to take a bath?” means. Will stop in her tracks and lead the way running to the tub!
- Still hates sleep and still fights it.
- She’s still a night owl, and late sleeper
- She LOVES Elmo and the gang still!
- Carries around her favorite toys all over
- Cries bloody murder when you take a toy from her
- Has tried ice-cream and has cried when it was “all gone”
- She’s a wiggle worm in her sleep. One moment on her back and the next on her tummy with her butt up in the air!
- She LOVES music!